Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, April 16, 2020

[18:08 UTC-4]
[+37*F/+27*F-windchill_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@16 mph..humidity:54%_barometer:30.09"\/]..
[overnight Lo:+28*F_light snow showers possible over the next few hours]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie<Chopin:complete Nocturnes>]....
   One quick note Youtube..most probably because of the CV-19 restrictions and the fact that most peeps are staying/working from home..the feed is being bombarded with ads. the interrupt the videos..more than /usual..now normally the interruptions are infrequent..but lately..oy vey..I could pay a monthly fee to have the feed ad-free but in the past it really hasn't been that big an issue with me..besides I am frugality is indeed legendary..but I do resent the interruptions by blurbs that I find totally irreverent or insulting to my intelligence..for me that was a quick note..[end rant]....
  This is the second day in row I have spent the entire day secure in my fortress of solitude..almost a record for me..although chill out the sunny was brightly shining this morning and I was trying to convince myself that I really needed to walk..but fighting the urge..I even kept the drapes closed so I could see the bright sunny day..about the time I had lost the internal debate and decided to walk anyways..both knees in unison decided to starting singing that very painful dirge they are so apparently fond of..and I was brought back to  my senses..or rather what's left of them and cancelled the walk....
   While vetting new members on FB for "The Farthest Side"..it stuck me how many groups/pages have F-bombs in they titles..reminded me of a dude I worked with many years ago at the plant when I was doing machine maintenance..a machine operator..now this cat I swear only knew one adjective/adverb..very thing was blanking this or blanking that..reminded me of  the parrot I have mentioned before..and I believe the parrot was smarter than this dude..it blows my mind [what little of it I have left] why some peeps can't communicate without profanity..now don't get me wrong I have on the rare occasion have used a few choice words when the situation called for a definitive response..but I don't see a place for it in normal daily language..now the occasion Yiddish or Latin word or phrase I have not issue with..obviously....
   That time has come again and I must bid to you a good night....  

No comments:

Post a Comment