Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, April 23, 2020

[17:58 UTC-4]
[+48*F_fair_winds:n/n/w@4 mph_humidity:22%_barometer:29.96"\/_Tonight's Lo:+36*F]....
[Tonight's Feature film on <Away All Boats>]....
   It was a really nice day today..mid-40's..just a light breeze and full sun..and my original intent was not to walk today despite the beautiful weather..and besides that I had pretty much filled the pantry and frig with my outing yesterday..but I had forgotten to check my non-food supplies..and discovered this morning I was low on dish washing detergent..mouth wash and liquid soap..so just a quick walk to  Ollie's..now I've been making my own tomato sauce..and really didn't have a proper container to keep it in..and also found one that I think will do the job at Ollie's....
   One thing I failed to mention was when I went to Price Chopper there was a sign on the the door..which read "no enter without mask or a face cover..and I've have noticed that now the majority of people you see in stores are wearing a mask or a bandana covering nose and mouth....but there are still a few who are not..
   Now you have to know that I entered junior high in September of 1960..and one of the required courses was a music class..and we learned many songs..many by Stephen Forster..now down ask me why..I honestly don't know but while playing a Hearts sim this afternoon I started to sing "Camptown Races"[link[..but things like that happen to me all the time..I find myself humming or singing both vocal and instrumental parts I've sung/played in choirs..bands..and small groups over my years....But thinking of school I still remember sitting in 10th grade history when the announcement came over the speaker that John F Kennedy had been assassinated..a dark day....And years later while unloading a truck of pallets from a local vendor was told of the attack on the World Trade Center....There are just some things you never forget..some are remembered fondly and others with great sorrow..but both kinds are part of what has made us what we have become....
   Still things to do..and a snack to be eaten..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment