Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, April 25, 2020

[18:01 UTC-5]
[+61*F_sunny_winds:north@9_humidity:19%_barometer:30.04"\/_overnight Lo:+42*F]..
[rain to begin around 04:00 Sunday and continue thru most of Monday[....
[Now Playing<Hornblower:"Duty"]....
   With the high probability that I will be in my rooms until Tuesday..not because of the CV-19 restrictions but because of the pending restrictions imposed by "Mother Nature"..it appears that the Spring rains are upon us..I was reviewing my budget and realized that Monday would be the normal day that I would get my "10-day walking around money" and with the high probability that I will need quiet a few things..I decided to take the short walk up the hill to the ATM..and it gave me great joy to do so in my shirt sleeves..and of course my mask..but since the bank was closed I was well assured that I would encounter no one..In fact the only life form I observed was one of the feral cats that inhabit the surrounding hedgerows and brambles..very thick vegetation mostly bushes and small trees..many of which have very impressive thorns..besides the feral cats and sometimes feral dogs..the area abounds with woodchucks..squirrels..sea gulls in the spring and summer and crows in the winter..ducks..geese and unfortunately skunks..I've also seen white tail deer and a couple of years ago a red fox..and a couple of raccoons..I live on the western edge of a small city..surround by rural areas..and to the south is Beaver Meadow..[aka: a swamp] and a Blue Heron rookery..as for the feral cats and dogs..apparently this is a prime area for people to dump unwanted house pets..oy vey....there is a very good SPCA in the area and there really is no excuse for dumping an unwanted domestic animal..and in years past I got the majority of my cats from them..I'm not able to have pets at present..in fact one of the cats we adopted was evidence in an animal cruelty case..a beautiful pure bred Blue Point Himalayan [link]..she was about 7 years old when we got her and after she realized she was safe..she'd bounce around the house like an 18 lb kitten..I awoke one night to find her curled around my head..how someone could abuse an pet is beyond my ability to comprehend..peeps that abuse animals really makes me angry....
   The end of my day draws near and a bid you a good evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment