Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, April 30, 2020

[18:30 UTC-4]
[+59*F_rain_winds:southeast@20 mph_humidity:73%_barometer:19.67"\/_overnight Lo:50+F]..
[Friday's Hi/Lo:+60*F/+39*F_winds:south@18 mph_humidity:79%_rain thru 16:00_cloudy]...
[Now Playing on:>MadTrollie>The Mix]>]....
   The weather today wasn't as bad as forecast..it did rain intermittently..but the winds at times were well under the predicted 20+ mph..now the forecast for Saturday has changed so I am planing to go to Aldi..and then possibly Price Chopper and the convenience store..one my longer walks..but also needed a few things that I get at Ollie's and Dollar General..so since that's a short walk..so picked a hole in the weather..temperature was in the 60s and wind was down and no rain..but decided to wear my rain/wind breaker vest just in case..got to Ollie's weather was fine..just a couple of bottles of vinegar..an apple cider and balsamic..but the lines were long and took longer than I had anticipated..by the time I left the weather had flipped  a switch..the wind had picked up and there was somewhere between a mist and a light drizzle of moisture in the air..and I was quite glad that I had decided to wear the wind breaker..just a jug of tomato juice and a bad of ripple chips at Dollar General..and got back before the wind and rain would have cause me problems....
   As I end this Beethoven's Egmont Overture is playing..we played a band transcription of it years ago when I played french horn in the high school band..well in practice one day when we got to the final section of the piece..a very loud [FFF] and high part [the A below high/high C]..the horn section decided to stand and go bells up and aim them toward the auditorium..we practiced  on stage..when we were finished we had the chandeliers in the auditorium swinging..unfortunately the high school principle was in the back..and I got told in no uncertain terms never to do that again..in the principle's office I got the blame for it because I was first chair and a known prankster..not the first time I had been "called on the carpet" nor was it the last..I saw no point in telling him it wasn't even my idea..but that I had just gone alone with the suggestion and I wasn't about to give up the 3rd horn..although I did relay the message to the 3rd and the whole section..and told them to check the next time before we did it to see that the principle wasn't in attendance....
   That's it..nothing more for the night..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment