Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

*[16:05 UTC-5]*[+27*F/+20*F(w/windchill)/+8*F(overnight low)_partly cloudy_winds from the n/n/w@5 mph_humidity:64%_baro-meter:30.15"/\_Thursday's Hi/Lo:+14*F/-3*F_partly cloudy_winds from the northwest@11_humidity:78%]*
*[This Evening of MadTrollie;[MT-Today's Loop];]*
   After checking the weather this morning and the extended forecast and a quick look out the back door to see if the possible freezing drizzle predicted for overnight had indeed occurred..while we did have a couple inches of fresh powder there was no evidence of any freezing drizzle/rain..and a look at the extend forecast call for lower temperatures with daytime highs in the lower teens to single digits and overnight lows in the -F* range..and came to the immediate decision that as I needed to go to Aldi sometime during the next couple of days it better be today..and just before 09:00 was all but finished with the "Spade" sim I play..had already played a session on Pokerist and had finished today's posting s to "Trollie's Game Room"..that it was the right time to get bundled up and head towards Aldi was obvious..on the way there there were a couple inches of snow cover on the sidewalks..but under city ordinance the property owner has 24 hours after the snow stops to clear the walks..and the snow had only stopped a couple of hours before..but was pleasantly surprised that on the way back about 30 minutes later those that I crossed had been recently cleared..I had intended to just get bananas..liquid egg-whites..a couple of bottle of sparkling water..a bottle of flavoring for water and a block of white cheddar and butter (which I forgot to get) but the asparagus looked fresh..they had a small piece of Champagne cheddar on markdown..and a brick of Havarti w/dill and a piece of italian dry salami aged in Chianti also snuck in to my bag..as concerning the Champagne cheddar..I tried a piece when I got  back to my rooms..had never had it..and if they still have some left next time I'm there will grab a couple more and store it..truly excellent..../....after I got back made a couple of open face sandwiches which I ate while continuing to finish up my solitaire play..and had a rustic frittata which included asparagus while watching the first part of "Now You See Me" and I'm freshly showered and medicated..and have the rest of the day to kick around the internet..maybe more poker before I take may rest..ergo.."nite  all"....[16:45 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment