Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 9, 2021

 *[15:39 UTC-5]*[+30*F/+23*F(w/windchill)/+17*F(overnight low)_sunny_winds from the n/n/w@6 mph_humidity:51%_ barometer:30.09"~_Sunday's Hi/Lo:+27*F/+23*F_partly cloudy_winds from the west@6 mph_humidity:80%]*
*[This afternoon on MadTrollie;[March Music];]*
   Something a little different this afternoon..while in high school many years ago I played french horn in the high school band..we were a concert band..but during the month of May..practiced marching and marched in as many as three Memorial Day Parades..but since you only needed two french horns for march music most years I played percussion instruments.. cymbals..bass drum..tenor drum & one year glockenspiel..we had ones that were modified for marching.. We played mostly Sousa marches and also had marches written in a Dixie Land Style..actually some of it was fun..on the other hand marching in high collar West Point style uniforms in 80*F+ temperatures was no fun atall....
    Had a decent night's sleep last night to bed just after 20:00 awoke about 23:30 & the next time I saw the clock it read 03:15..ergo..rolled back over..next time it was just past 04:00..so some what of a late start to the day..but there again..it ain't like punching a time clock anymore..dang..I just Google "time clocks"..what ever happen to mechanical clocks and cardboard time cards..man I've been retired longer than I thought..dang..again..in order to find a time clock of the type I used I had to Google "punch time clocks vintage"..oy vey..../....Save for a couple of trips to the lobby for items for breakfast and earlier this afternoon for a toffee coffee I've been warm and cozy in my "fortress of solitude" all day..did cut short my usual 2 hours of poker this morning to an hour rather than the usual two hours..not because of the late start but that I had completed the "Daily Quest" and really had no need to continue playing..../...."Justice League" is on in just over an hour from now..probably will pop out on Pokerist to play a few more hands and then it's into the recliner for some TV..ergo.."nite all"....[16:24 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment