Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 7, 2021

 *[16:21 UTC-5]*[+24*F/+16*F(w/windchill)/+16*F(overnight low)_cloudy_winds from  the west@7 mph_humidity:78% _barometer:30.26"/\_Friday's Hi/Lo:+24*F/+13*F_partly cloudy_winds from the n/n/e@6 mph_humidity:72%]*
*[This Evening on MadTrollie;[Celtic Music];]*
   Got a decent night's sleep last night but awoke a little gimpy..sore and grumpy..now I always wake up a little grumpy..I have never been a morning person and always wake up in less than a great mode regardless when morning is/was.. During the years that I was working I work every imaginable shift..days..evenings_overnights..split-shifts...8 hour days.. 12 hours days and some times double shifts..now the plant I worked at sat right next to the Black River and was the major drain off the west side of the Adirondack Mountains..and in the spring time with the runoff of the melted snow in spring the water level would exceed flood stage..well I got a call to the shop one year on Easter..13:00 in the afternoon..I was the shipping/receiving/warehouse supervisor at the time..what a mess..there was a foot and a half of water in the parking lot..they had crews sandbagging but I has storage trailers that had to be moved..transfers of materials to an off site warehouse (not within the flood zone)..what a wild night..and left the shop at noon the next day..tired..cold..and soaked to the bone..got home..took a hot bath and almost fell a sleep in the bath tube..another time I was working 16:00 to 00:30 as lead-man/maintenance man and if my relief didn't get in on time I had to stay.. Monday shift.. just before 23:00 he called in sick..about 00:30 his wife called wanting to speak to him.."He called in sick" ..from the phone.."He did what?(expletive deleted)..never saw him again..and ended up working 3-16 hour shifts & 1-10 hour shift in-a-row..oy vey..there were times I hated the place but never on Thursday..payday..I was making a decent hourly wage and got time & a half for overtime..and that's not even mentioning the calls I'd get at 02:00 in the morning when I was working day shift..or the old school beeper I carried 24.7..but it was a living..dang am I glad I'm retired.... /....still a few things to sort out before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:59 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment