Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, January 3, 2021

 *[17:42 UTC-5]*[+33*F/+28*F(w/windchill)/+30*F(overnight low)_wind:e/s/e@5 mph_humidity:87%_barometer:29.96"\/ _winter mix is forecast from 22:00 to midnight tonight_Mondays' hi/lo:+35*F/+28*F_cloudy_winds from the northeast@3 mph_humidity:92%]**[Playing this evening on MadTrollie;[Hec Ramsey(pilot}];]*
   Except for two trips to the lobby today..just after 07:00 to pickup some items from the breakfast buffet and later this afternoon for a toffee coffee..and on the way back toffee coffee in-hand I did stick my head out the side door and said hello to "H"..one of the other residents here who was outside smoking..but save that I've been in my room all day..mostly online but I did watch parts of a few episodes of "Beat Bobby Flay" on the Food Network..but as/usual I spent most of my time online..playing my Sims&Solitaire games..and three hours+ of online poker on the "free sites" "Pokerist"..no real money changes hands..just faux game money..but I enjoy the play..and fulfilling my duties as moderator on the FB site "The Farthest Side"..and of course tending to my blogs..../....I mentioned in last nights posting here about the incident at the convenience store with the Mennonite family who were not wearing masks..and the more I thought about it..the more it bothered me..It's been quite awhile since I mentioned it here but I am what you might describe as a Conservative..Fundamentalist..Charismatic Christian of the old school..and have a bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies..advanced studies in philosophy..and 100s of hours of private study..and taught Christian Education for Adults (aka:Sunday School) in different local churches for many years and have done some pulpit supply..now I don't care what someone believed or doesn't believe in their home or in their own communities..but when they interact with society in general they should conform to legitimate local regulations..especially because the scriptures clearly teach that we as Christians should be subject to the civil authorities under which we live..the worst of it is that they are recognizable as a Christian Sect and those of us people of faith tend to be painted with the same "wide brush" that they are..[end rank]..../....Just a few things still on the docket before I take my rest..ergo..nite all....[18:19 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment