Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 2, 2021

 *[15:41 UTC-5]*[+30*F/+25*F(w/windchill)/+21*F(overnight low)_cloudy_winds from the west@5_humidity:84%_ barometer:30.04"/\_Sunday's hi/lo:+35*F/+28*F_cloudy_winds from the southeast@4 mph_humidity:87%_snow showers are forecast to begin around 18:00 Sunday evening and continue thru 03:00 Monday morning]*
*[This Evening on MadTrollie;[Celtic Music];]*
   The aftereffects of the winter storm from last night didn't not live up to the predictions..if there was any freezing rain..and evidence of it was washed away by the following rain..although I didn't get up and look this after I retire last night I could hear pretty stiff winds and rain bouncing off my winds..which happen to face the direction of last night's storm's accompanying winds..guess I could have looked but I was warm and comfortable in bed and decided it wasn't worth the effort..I was done with all but a couple of details of my online day (this blog being one of those details)..looked out the window and decided it didn't look so bad..ergo..got dressed to take a look and for the most part the sidewalks looked bare do decided to take the walk to the west today and to the east tomorrow..and except for one short section of sidewalk it was ok..there is one commercial property on the north-side of Arsenal St> at the intersection of Western Blvd..where the sidewalk is never properly maintained as far a s snow removal is concerned so I ended up briefly on the shoulder of the street..T J Maxx..didn't see anything that caught my eye..and than the convenience store..there were a group of mennonites oh the ladies had their tradition little bonnets on (as a kid we used to call the "sin sifters")..but neither the ladies or the men wore masks..oy vey..am sure in their own minds they have reasons why..but I find it at the very least inconsiderate..../....On the way back to my rooms decided at the spur of the moment to continue my walk and pick up the few things I needed at Aldi..just the usual fare..had a nice chat with a couple of the "kids" that work there and then back to my rooms..../....With this post hearing it's conclusion..my online tasks for the day are completed..me thinks a meal and some TV sounds good before I take my rest..ergo..nite all....[16:13 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment