Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 8, 2021

 *[17:04 UTC-5]*[+18*F/+14*F(overnight low)_clear_winds from the north@2 mph_humidity:70%_barometer:30:11"\/ _Saturday's Hi/Lo:+24*F/+18*F_partly cloudy_wind from the north@7 mph_humidity:69%]*
*[Playing this evening on MadTrollie:[Chant];]*
   Not the best night's sleep last night but then I've had worse..pretty typical start to the day and was well on my way to getting everything done..ergo..needed to walk to Aldi either today or tomorrow and decided to go this morning so just after 09:00 off I went..but not before I checked the weather..temperature was in the upper teens but with a north/north?east wind@7 mph..that put the windchill@+8*F..so I got on the old Carhart jacket and off I went..a cloudy day..and every so often just a few very small snow flakes would pass me by..got too Aldi..just then  typical fare but did get a round of Edam cheese..which later became an ingredient in what we would have called back in the Buffalo NY area where I grew up a hoagie or a grinder..essentially a small submarine sandwich..I had got a multi-grain baguette at Price Chopper the other day..about 20" longer which I've divided into 5" potions..some sliced roasted beef..oil..vinegar.. spices..salt/pepper..some fresh grated horseradish..some chopped green onion..and the aforementioned Edam cheese..and into the microwave for 80 seconds..and a bottle of Black Raspberry sparkling water..and enjoyable light lunch..for many reasons I do not do the "three-squares" /day routine..I find for many reasons for me it works out better to eat four or five times a day but smaller meals..now that wasn't always the case..4th year in college when I was in shape..running cross-country and training for the Boston Marathon..a frosh who was taking Biology..needed to have someone keep track of their daily caloric intake for a class assignment and picked me..now at the time I was running between 75 & 100 miles a week..was just under 5'8" tall and weight 142 lbs..blew both her and her prof's mind..I didn't gain an once and over a week averaged 7,000 calories a day..if I did that now I'd probably weigh 500 lbs..and my resting heart rate was 36 beats/minutes..but there again I was 21/22 years old..not 73..& if I tried to run now I'd probably trip over my cane and bust my tuckus..../....some TV and another meal and a last check in on "The Farthest Side" await me..ergo.."nite all"....[17:39 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment