Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

 *[15:26 UTC-5]*[+31*F/+23*F(w/windchill)/+20*F(overnight low)_snow showers_winds from the w/s/w@9 mph_humidity: 85%_barometer:29.95"\/_snow thru 17:00 this evening_"Winter Storm Warning" ends@17:00 this evening_Wednesday's Hi/Lo:+23*F/+11*F_AM:snow/PM:partly cloudy_winds from the w/n/w@12_humidity:71%_light snow from 01:00 to 10:00 tomorrow]**[This Afternoon on MadTrollie;[a Hornblower episode;[Duty];];]*
   We've gotten very little fresh snow..but with the winds out of the west/south/west i'd be surprised if the high elevations to the south and east of use didn't get more than we have..most of the heavier snow falls in these parts occur when thew prevailing winds are from the aforementioned direction..during the Blizzard of '77 we here in the Northcountry of NYS got clobbered over an 8 day period & the prevailing winds were from the w/s/w..but one of the factors with that storm were that the temperatures were in the mid-teens..which is typical of heavy snowfalls in this region..this storm with temperature in the mid to upper 20s..general snowfalls are far lighter despite coming from the same direction..../....
   Except for a brief trip up the hallway to check with housekeeping about the approximate time of their arrival to do my regularly scheduled cleaning of my rooms I haven't been out of my rooms all day..didn't want to get involved in anything I didn't want to be interrupted while doing..the last few mornings I've awoke with a little stiffness in my lower back..and haven't done anything I was aware of to cause that..so it's been awhile so I had them "flip" my mattress..I'll see if that helps..has in the past when I've had similar symptoms..../....Some decent movies on this evening on AMC..and intend to watch the last part of "G I Jane" and most of "Shawshank Redemption"..but a shower first & a meal and probably a snack or three during the flicks..Had a pretty good AM session on Pokerist this morning and although I usually play again in the evening I think I''ll probably forego that today..also one or two things still on my online addendum for this afternoon.. ..ergo.."nite all"....[16:03 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment