Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 22, 2021

*[16:39 UTC-5]*[+27*F/+18*F(w/windchill)/+8*F(overnight low)_snow showers_winds from the northwest@9 mph_humidity: 82%_barometer:29.78"/\_Saturday's Hi/Lo:+15*F/+2*F_partly cloudy_winds northwest@11 mph_humidity:64%_light inter-mittent snow expected to continue thru the midnight hour tomorrow]**[Tonight on MadTrollie;[Celtic Music];]*
   One look at the overnight lows for today & tomorrow being in the single digits & add to that winds from the northwest @10+ mph..I don't even want to know what the windchill would be..../....Well we didn't get near the amount of snow predicted..and by 14:00 the snows had ceased and for the most part the sidewalks and parking lots were wet but no snow..just a couple of spots..so decided to at least take the walk to the ATM and get my "10 day walking around money" and a little extra because I need to refill the prescription for one of my meds within the next week..will just probably pick the first decent day..but with all my shortcuts impassable had to take the long way around..but had also taken my sling bag with me in case both conditions permitted it and I was feeling ok..but was feeling better than ok..the walk and fresh air had done its' trick and I extended the walk to make a stop at Dollar General..again the long way around..a jug of tomato juice..a bottle of Gatorade Zero & a 6-pack of 7.5 oz. cans of Dr Pepper..so as I was walking back to the hotel and still in the plaza park-ing lot a nice lady offered me a ride..I thanked her but explained I only had a short way to go and needed the exercise..after getting back to my rooms and getting my purchases away and doing a little math in my budget book..did fell a tad stiff..but with the weather being what it had been of late I haven't gotten enough exercise..but a hot shower and some topical analgesic cream and all seems to be well..as a former soccer mid-fielder..track and long distance runner..sore and stiff joints and muscles and I are old "friends" and I know what to do to quell their complaining..probably be a tad stiff tomorrow morning..but then at my age I'm usually a little stiff every morning..there are mornings that I think I may have past the use:by:date on my body..(hehe)..../....Most of today's tasks are completed..a couple more checks of FB..another meal.. maybe some more poker before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[17:11 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment