Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 28, 2021

 *[15:46 UTC-4]*[+16*F/+3*(w/windchill)/-3*F(overnight low)_partly cloudy_winds from the w/n/w@11 mph_humidity:57%_baro-meter:30.27"\/_Friday's Hi/Lo:+11*F/-5*F_partly cloudy_winds from the northwest@9 mph_humidity:65%_We are under a "Wind Chill Advisory" from 22:00 this evening thru 12:00 tomorrow(see Advisory in the footer)]*
*[This Afternoon on MadTrollie;[MT-Today's Loop];]*
   My brother birthday is today and posted on his FB timeline the story of the trip my mom and dad wade in the middle of the night thru a bad snow storm to get mom to the hospital about 25 miles away..dad got here in the hospital and went to park the car.. when he got back he was asked if he'd like to see his son..they had gotten there in the nick of time as it were..but it reminded me of a wild ride I took about 45 years ago..../....I was working on the 16:00 to 00:30 shift and as it was a Saturday it was my lob t shut the plant down as we never worked Saturdays and check with the night watchman before I left..now white tail deer season opened in the Southern Tier on that coming Monday and the wife and I were planning to go down to Wellsville NY to hunt the next week with her dad (had the week off)..now the first part went fine Interstates from Watertown..to just south of Rochester..and the regular road the rest of the way..well just past Letchworth State Park the road drops into the Genesee River..and we hit "pea-soup" fog..couldn't see more than 30 feet ahead..so I'm crawling along at 15 mph in my ford pinto and just past Houghton were I had spent a semester at the college there a few years before..I don't know if I saw something or what but I stopped and pulled off on the shoulder..wife asked what was wrong..didn't know just didn't feel right.got out of car walked about 20 feet and there in the middle of the road was a farm cow..oy vey..went to the farm house..got the farmer we got the old girl back in the pasture..had a couple of cups of coffee and off we went to finish the trip..friends told me it was my "Guardian Angel" they also say that my "Guardian Angel" deserves to receive "Hazardous Duty Pay"..which probably at times isn't far from the truth..../....still a couple of things need my attention before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:24 UTC-5].../....

No comments:

Post a Comment