Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 1, 2021

 *[17:05 UTC-5]*[+31*F/+24*F(w/windchill)/+30*F(overnight low)_partly cloudy_winds from the e/s/e@8 mph_humidity: 65%_barometer:30.27"\/_Saturday's hi/lo:+34*F/+22*F_winds from the northwest@10_humidity:87%..light freezing rain is predicted to being about 19:00 this evening than winter mix..rain mixed with snow then rain and finishing off around 10:00 tomorrow with a little light snow..We are under a "Winter Weather Advisory" from 19:00 this evening thru 13:00 tomorrow afternoon..(I've placed a copy of the "Warning" in the footer)]*
*[Playing this evening on MadTrollie;[Vivaldi];]*
    I took one look at the weather forecast for tonight this morning and decided rather then wait until tomorrow or Sunday to get my "ten day walking around money"..I'd take the walk up to the ATM this early afternoon..but what during the warmer weather is just a short trip up the hill to the bank branch next door..maybe a total trip of 200 yds all told..but in winter with the plowed banks of snow making my usual shortcuts inadvisable the trek all the way around by sidewalk and parking lot totals about 700 yds..dang I hate winter..but when I walked it was sunny..a light breeze and probably mid-20s F w/windchill and was a quite pleasant walk which I enjoyed greatly..have errands to run in both directions but the advanced weather for Sunday and Monday looks promising..and if we do get even a  little freezing rain this gimpy_ grump_old codger with balance issues thoroughly intends to remain indoors until that issue is dealt with..after all both Aldi & Price Chopper deliver..../....  
   Had a decent night's sleep and as I mentioned below I was snug in my bed by just after 20:00 and rolled out just before 04:00 with only two brief interruptions..[dang diuretic}..and save for the trip to the ATM & a trip to the lobby this AM for a few things from the breakfast buffet I have been warm_comfortable and safe in my rooms all day and have no intentions of venturing out tomorrow..../....
   Still a few details that need to be dealt with before I take my rest..and I'm considering another session of poker on "Pokerist" be that..and of course a snack or two as well..ergo.."nite all"....[17:38 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment