Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 15, 2021

 *[16:26 UTC-5]*[+38*F/+31*F(w/windchill)/+34*F(overnight low)_mostly cloudy_winds from the e/s/e@11 mph_humidity: 67%_barometer:29:89"\/_Saturday's Hi/Lo:+36*F/+32*F_rain/snow_winds from the northwest@8_humidity:89%_rain predicted to begin about 22:00 this evening changing to snow about 10:00 on Saturday and then continuing thru noon on Sunday..we will be under a "Winter Storm Waning"" from 01:00 Saturday morning thru 19:00 Sunday evening]*
*[This Afternoon on MadTrollie;[Celtic Music];]*
   Taking in to account the predicted temperature for the pending storm..the snow is very likely to be very wet snow..which may take some time to be removed..and the though of having to slog thru maybe as much as 7" of it brings me no joy ..ergo..it maybe Tuesday before this gimpy..grumpy..old codger who walks with a cane will be willing &/or able to venture out..with that in mind..about 09:00 this morning took a walk to Aldi to pick up enough bananas to get me thru to Tuesday ..and other things as well..they haven't had the sliced dry salami the last couple of times I've look to got one of those as well as well as a can of pears..and after checking the "winter pantry" decided there were a few other items..mostly canned goods that I probably should re-stock..with the nice weather I haven't been adding to the "winter pantry as "religiously" as I should be..so a another walk about 14:30 to Dollar General to get those few items..I had bought several weeks ago a small storage bowl with a cramp on lid..and decided I needed another so picked that up as well..I always try try to keep at least a couple of weeks of food on hand in case the weather makes get out impossible..or at least inadvisable..and although my knees and feet have been behaving for last three years or so there have been times in the past that I've needed two canes just to get around my rooms..so the supply of food is there for that eventuality as well..on the other hand the storm might not amount to any where near as bad as predicted..but forewarned is forearmed..../....Not much on the old "boob tube" tonight..but the number of new member request on the FB group "The Farthest Side" have been higher than /usual so will have to keep on that..and I sense a snack in my future before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:58 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment