Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 23, 2021

 *[18:13 UTC-5]*[+8*/+1*F(overnight low)_n/n/w@2 mph_humidity:70$_barometer:30.26"/\_Sunday's Hi/Lo:+18*F/+8*F _mostly sunny_winds from the northwest@7 mph_humidity:70%]**[This Evening on MadTrollie;[Vivaldi;]*
   I got another late start to the day..but had a hard time falling asleep last night to the fact that I overslept a little again wasn't a real surprise..was done with most of my online activities by just before 14:00 and made a meal and watched the end of the 3rd episode of Star Wars,,with the intent of watching "X-Men The Last Stand" at 15:00 (on SyFy)..started to watch and then remembered I only like the last half of the flick..ergo..despite the fact that the temperature was +8*F..and with the windchill factored in it "felt like" +2*F..being an old hand at dressing for cold temperatures..I've lives in the freezer we call the Northcountry since July of 1966..and have been here ever since..save for 9 semesters of college all spent in the northeastern section of the USA..and besides it was a beautiful..bright..sunny day..usual is when temperature is in the single digits or lower..and knew I could take the short walk  to  Aldi..pickup my groceries and be back for the last half of the flick ..the part I like..just the usual fare save for a piece of a very nice dry italian salami that was cured in part in Pinot Grigio (apparently spell check is not schooled in italian wines)..made a quick sandwich when I got back..very nice..hadn't had it before but it's definitely a "keeper"..../....now I've gotten around and worked outside in the winter up here on days when it was -25*F & a -40*F windchill..if you know how to dress for it..you can do it..but I confess that there was one day in the middle '70s when the city was shutdown because of the temperature..the temperature was -55*F and there were 50 mph winds..windchill in excess of -100*F..and they said that frostbite & hypothermia could set-in in under a minute..and I was in no mood to prove them right or wrong..but truth be told at this point in my life..I don't handle extreme cold or heat for that matter as I once did..if the temperature or windchill is below 0*F..I stay in my warm rooms..and if the temperature is over 80*F with the humidity over 80% I stay in my cool rooms..I have a HVAC unit..../....The hour is growing late and I'm contemplating another short session of poker..ergo.."nite all"....[18:51 UTC-5]..../.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment