Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 16, 2021

 *[16:43 UTC-5]*[+34*F/+27*F(w/windchill)/+27*F(+32*F(overnight low)_rain_winds from the northwest@8 mph_humidity: 94%_barometer:29.37"\/_Sunday's Hi/Lo:+35*F/+21*F_AM:snow/PM:clouds_wind from the west@18 _humidity:87%_rain/snow predicted to continue thru noon Sunday..we are under a "Winter Storm Warning" until 17:00 Sunday evening]**[This Evening on MadTrollie;[Bach];]*

   At this point the predicted storm hasn't amount to much..all we've gotten is some light intermittent rain..but a glance at the radar..we/ve been getting just the trailing edge of the storm..and it seems at this point that the winds are more out of the northwest than from the west as predicted..??..and if the temperature stays about the same as now..it wouldn't surprise me if all we got was rain..on the other hand the Tug Hill Plateau with is a little south and east of us here and at a higher elevation..might get some significant snow..but as an old friend of my back in the day used to say that the weatherman was he only person he knew that got paid for being right only 25% of the time..../....but forewarned is forearmed..and I rather would do as I did and go out yesterday and get extra food for the the possible eventuality that we'd be snowed in for a couple of days..then not do it and find out that this was one of the 25% when they were right..../....
   Have spent the day warm and dry in my "fortress of solitude" save for the short trip to the lobby this afternoon for my traditional toffee coffee..the usual routine..I have recently changed sites were I play "live" poker..both the former and the present are "free" sites..no real money changes hands..only faux game money..and discovered that there is an FB players group for the game which I have joined..as with most of the online games there is no tutorial..and you have to figure out some of the workings yourself ..maybe I can pickup some hints..../....anyways...have no plans to venture out of my warm..cozy..dry rooms until Monday at the earliest..still a couple of things to deal with both on & off line before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"...

No comments:

Post a Comment