Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 *[]*[16:29 UTC-5]*[+30*F/+21*F(w/windchill)/+25*F(overnight low)_haze_winds from the n/n/e@9 mph_humidity:87% _barometer:30.00"/\_Wednesday's Hi/Lo:+39*F/+32*F_cloudy_winds from the north@8 mph_humidity:81%]*
*[This Evening on MadTrollie the music of:[Lully];]*
   Went to bed just after 20:00 and in a rare occurrence for me only awoke in the night around 23:30 & the next time nearly 03:30..well I rolled back over one and after a few minutes realized I wasn't getting back to sleep so gave up and got up..and was on line by about 03:45 so got an early jump on the day so about 08:45..had a place where I could take a break and decided to take the walk to Aldi which I needed to take either today or tomorrow..so off I went..although I live right across the street from it..jay-walking on Arsenal St..one of the busiest streets in the small city I live for the gimpy,,grump old codger who walks with a cane is not something I'd do..even at 09:00 on a weekday..so down to the closest crosswalk and by towards Aldi..and that cross walk is no picnic either..despite traffic regulations if I am crossing in a cross walk w/the walk light I have the right of way..obviously some of the local drivers haven't read the regulations lately..and have had many close calls at both that crosswalk and other one I use to the west..oy vey..but not this morning..traffic was surprisingly light..got the usual fare..bananas..some cheddar and other essentials..and had short chats with a couple of the "kids" that work there..and then back to my rooms..with getting ready..taking the walk..the walk back..a short chat with "J" one of the other residents and getting my purchases away elapse time was about an hour..and took  a few breaks during the day..for meals and a couple of episodes of "Rizzoli & Isles"..bur it's now approaching 17:00 and virtual even thing is either done or well in hand..I'm having a debate with myself as to how I'll spend  the rest of my day..a meal certainly..maybe some "surfing" the net..or more "Rizzoli & Isles"..and maybe another go at "Pokerist"..anyways..ergo.."nite all"....[16:55 UTC-5]..../.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment