Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, January 15, 2018

{10:07 AM UTC-5]
(+8*F......-6*F windchill)
( Best Of Haydn)
  From time to time I get a fair amount of foreign hits.......It is my sincere hope that they aren't reading me to learn proper English grammar....and if it's foreign hackers looking for the launch codes......all you might find here are the lunch codes...... in any case both groups are out of luck..
  I referred in a below to my typing skills or rather the lack there of.....In high school I was a Math/Science major....or pre-college...and typing was not part of the course of study.....you need to know that I started my Freshman year in Senior High in 1962...and I'm not sure anyone had even dreamed about desktops, tablets, laptops were known but they all purred, and hissed.........typing was taught but for secretarial studies....I ask about it a couple of times and was told that it wasn't "man's work"......just the way it was back then
  So get to college as a Theology/ Philosophy Major....one semester I had 15; 5-7 page papers to write which meant typed pages....yo gavalt.....I only knew 3 methods of typing:
1) The Columbus Method - Discovery and Land
2) The Biblical Method- Seek and Ye Shall Fined
3) The Chicken Method- Hunt and Peck
  Over time I got pretty good at 2 finger typing but was still slow, now the college I attend had the proper ratio of girls to guys.....4 of them for every 1 of us....and it was fairly easy to find one whose company you enjoyed and could type...in those days my ideas of friends with benefits was a nice young lady with superior typing skills........


No comments:

Post a Comment