Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

(3:01 PM EST)
(+26*F....no wind chill..light snow)
(Beethoven's "Christ on the Mount of Olives)
  I got already to post, music on, weather tab open..as I looked down I saw the icon that meant I had a update pending................when  I had a machine running Microsoft..that fact in and of itself would have been enough to cause a panic attack.....sometimes the updates would take  6+ hours to download...but with Chrome OS....less than a minute..so I "X" everything and ran the update.....
  It's been an interesting day which actually started yesterday around 11:30 PM EST...I was just dozing off, when the bell on the microwave sounded....my first react was "what the.....?" so i snapped up to look.....and realized that my desktop had also awakened and was asking for my password..."another "what the ........?"....as I got out of bed noticed my alarm clock the time was blinking......ah.......power had been off.....
  So rolled out of bed before 8AM......did my morning run through e-mails....Facebook....and my dashboard to check stats...played a few solitaire games while waiting for the arrival of housekeeping for the scheduled Tuesday cleaning of my rooms....a little after 9AM.......cleaning done...went to do I little web surfing......oops......apparently the power outage had messed not only the wifi but the dish network for the old boob tube......yo gavalt.....that took about 5 hours to get rectified.....now all seems to be well.....
  I walked out of my rooms...after failing to get on the net.....ran into 2 employees of the hotel.one check her cell and got on.....walked back into my rooms and I could as well........that just merits "why me"

No comments:

Post a Comment