Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 27, 2018

(11:52 AM EST)
(+46*F..w/ rain in the forecast)
( Beethoven: "Christus am Olberge")
  I usually get most of my food stuffs at the Price Chopper, and occasionally at Aldi, but never snacks, the Price Chopper wants an arm and a leg, the Aldi's only has jumbo bags.....I usually get them at the local dollar store.....but I haven't been there in almost 2 months, and have resorted to getting snacks from a vending machine, which costs an arm and a leg and your first born for what you get, but because of the weather the shortcuts are not passable it's a long detour ...plus the other reason for me going to  that plaza no longer exists.....since I've been on the proverbiale wagon for 3 months at this point and the provider I used to use is in the same plaza....but took an early walk to day to stock up on snacks....I  have all the food I need for weeks squirreled away but the snack drawer was empty......but I did get a six pack......no not that kind of six pack...even when I was imbibing it was almost never beer...but a six pack of V8 juice......used to buy V8 by the jug....but then I used to buy vodka by the jug as well......but rearrange the frig and have no room at present for a jug........so a 6 of cans makes more sense.....
  The music I'm listening to this AM is in the original german, hence the name....there should be an umlaut over the "O".....but in English "Christ on the Mount of Olives"......one of my absolute favs.....the last part in a Hallelujah....which was also a fav of a little yellow and gray budgie lived with me years ago...I'd play that piece on the CD player and she'd start the old head bob and shuffle and once the choir started to sing, she'd "sing" along...out of key but she had a good time anyways.....

No comments:

Post a Comment