Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 20, 2018

(12:40 PM EST)
(+38*F......+29*F..windchill.....cloudy & windy)
 ( Albinoni: 12 Concertos)
  My routine on Saturday and Sunday is pretty much the same from one week to another......TNT plays reruns of "Law & Order" every morning both days and I half watch and half listen while surfing the web......but broke tradition and took a walk over to Aldi....partial to look but also to get some cookies and a wedge of Stilton blue cheese....I really enjoy blue cheese, and among the different varieties I really like the English blues, also picked up some can goods to restock my pantry.....sidewalks were a mixed bag but mostly passable.....but the wind.....oy vey.....
  The walk as interesting, the front door of Aldi is literally right across the street, maybe when I was younger I would have watched for traffic and "J-walked" but with age and the fact that the street I had to cross is one of the busiest in town, especially on a Saturday morning....I walked down to a crosswalk and then back towards the store.......don't get me wrong I'm just as crazy as I once was.....just a lot slow..
  If you read below a few posts there have been problems with the wifi connection I use......been okay for a couple of days but it's a little twitchy today.....it's usually quite fast..but today kind of slow.....but even as weird as it is today it beats the old dial up connection everyday and twice on Sundays... 

No comments:

Post a Comment