Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 6, 2018

(22:41 UTC-5)
(-25*F...thankfully no wind therefore no wind chill)
( A YouTube mix)
  After much internal debate......I watched Kubrick's "2001"......
  Took a quick shower and decided to check the weather one more time because tonight was supposed to be the lowest temperature before it started to warm up.....by Monday the temperature is predicted to be in the mid +20s to mid +30s and on Thursday the prediction is around +45*F.......that would be a 70* temperature swing in just a few days....oh how I love Watertown weather....not.....
(11:27 EST)
(+6*F........-8*F.windchill)
(Now Playing: Best of Wagner)
  First check of weather about 3 hours ago temperature was -24*F......no wind....looks like the cold snap has finally snapped......
  Listening to Best of Wagner, which was preceded by Best of Holst.....Now I mentioned here before that I'm not a morning person......and the way I wake up in the morning has a lot to do with how I slept that night.....Well I slept like the proverbial log last night.....and the better I sleep the hard it is for me to shake the proverbial cobwebs from the old brain box, and convince my arthritic joints that they actually can remember how to work......How I get the joints to work is by brute force and with the help of my cane....and nothing clears out the old brain pan like a double shot of "Holst & Wagner"........dang that could have of been a great name for an old western  six shooter........
  Now I mentioned in a post below that I'm really not much for watching sports on the old boob tube.....in times past I did.....but be that as it may...probably will watch at least some of the Bills' playoff game.....grew up just outside Buffalo....
  I realized I was using the U.S.of A. slang for TV.....and thought I should translate into British slang which is "idiot box"...because in British slang "boob tube" has an entirely different meaning....in the U.S.of A. a shag bag is a bag used to pick up golf balls....tennis balls after practice....not exactly the same connotation in British slang.which I discover with hilarious results when I was on "rec.sport.golf."on usenet years ago......If I remember I'll relate that story in a later post but must wrap this one up

No comments:

Post a Comment