Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 11, 2018

(8:58 PM EST)
(+55*F.....no wind chill......raining)
( Now playing: Beethoven's 9th)
  Despite the fact there is a 15 MPH wind out of the south (180*)......apparently they stop reporting windchill unless it would drop the ambient temperature below +32*F.....
  I'm sitting here in my room banging out letters and numbers on my desktop......and I'm quite frankly completely farmisht ...if you were to have told me several days ago when we had temperatures and wind chills well below 0*F.......that I'd be sitting here on the 12th of January in Watertown NYS.....and it would be +55*F around 9PM EST...I would have seriously considered suggesting you check yourself into a mental health unit or I would........from the look of the radar and the storm track it looks like it will rain for the next several hours.......even now except for drifts and the piles where plowing banked them up....most of the ground cover is gone......
(since I don't want to take either the time or use english rather then yiddish sometimes you can find a decent yiddish/english dictionary (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment