Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

(8:05 PM EST)
(Now Playing on YouTube: a Hornblower episode)
(+23*F.....+9*F....wind chill)
  Just back from walk #2 today.when I got home from walk #1 realized that my wallet was getting a little thin....now normally that's an easy fix....with the use of a short cut the walk to the ATM is under 5 minutes....however with the snow the shortcut is not usable...and the walk now is probably 10+ minutes one way.....and it's in the opposite direction of the food market I usually shop at.....had already intended to walk again tomorrow.......I have a sling bag that I carry and It was full and I still needed to get somme things...had some freezer space that I was not using......but the walk to the bank took me across from the entry to Aldi's.....I've lived across from this store for 7 years now, and tonight was only the second time I shopped there......how to describe....basically it's the combination of a dollar store, a place that buys odd lots, and groceries as well...prices are good.....but you're never to sure what you might find..or not find for that matter.......but I did find a couple of items to fill my freezer, a nice selection of mixed Italian cold cuts.....( pause.....can I make a sandwich with mixed Italian cold cuts on a French style boule which I bought early...you can bet the farm I'll do just that).......and some smoked chili salt.....in a grinder......now first I would probably never find that in my local market...and if I did it would cost at least twice as it did at Aldi's....now there is no way I'd shop there on a regular basis but...to wander around from time to time seeing what they might have...absolutely....almost forgot the box of cookies.....
  A couple of things that probably should be explained.....I basically hate going into banks....and do so only when it can't be avoided.....the ATM I use is right outside the a branch of the bank that I have my accounts with.....so I don't pay a service charge for using the ATM.......and I have no credit cards..only a debit card.....so when I use the ATM it just gives me access to my money.....and I can do it 24/7/365....so I find it convenient
  As to my sling bag......mine I've had for probably forty years give or take, and got it at a garage sale, and IIRC it cost me $5, so noway to know it's actual age, but it's a good brand.....Samsonite....it's waterproof.so it makes sense up here..particularly in the winter.....besides because of damage I've done to both shoulders a larger backpack style is not an option......
  The food market that I shop at also has a pharmacy in it......it's where I get my meds and it makes it convenient because I can call in for a refill and then pick it up when I go for groceries.....besides it's the only one within reasonable walking distance.......I have need of from time to time of an topical analgesic pain reliever....both knees...both shoulders..neck and back.......I had been using a product that I could get at a local dollar store but they no longer carry it.....so on walk #1 I look for one in the pharmacy...could not find what I wanted so ask.......Lo and behold there hiding on a bottom shelf was although a different manufacturer, it is basically the same thing I'd used for years.....and I'm enjoying the results of an application of that gel to my back and neck as I write this

No comments:

Post a Comment