Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 19, 2018

(11:15 AM EST)
(+27*F....+19*F windchill)
(Wagner "Overtures")
  I think it rather funny......since I'm too cheap to pay the piper as it were and refuse to give YouTube any dinaro so the ads go away.....but I think that at times the ads that play before your selection, and sometimes during it are random......but the one I see most often before classical music....is one of the shorties that are timed to play in their entirety before you can hit the skip button......the ad is for a fine Scotch whiskey......talk about targeting.....
  One of the things I do in the morning routine of checking the web is I play a few games.....and all are me against AIs......Spades (although 4 handed and 1 is my pard)...spider solitaire...and chess......I always play the easy option..'taint about winning.....'tis about jump starting the old brain box......
  Had a conversation with Matt this AM.......I mean an actually conversation....face to face...no electronic gadgets involved.....now Matt and I share a birthday.....of course I was in my 20s when he was born....both of use grew up rural......but it came up how people refer to others, especially elders....and It reminded me of an incident a few weeks back..my sis and I were talking about the area we grew up in.....rural Western New York State.....and she asked if I remember someone's first name.....remember I was a kid back then and the person in question was an adult and my answer was "Mrs."......when I was a kid an adult any adult was never referred by a given name but always Mr/Mrs/Miss......or Pastor/Doctor/et al.......and then the surname.....unless they gave you permission to use their first name.....and even then if in a group it was always the "title and surname.....and if I had referred to an "elder" by their given name and my dear sweet mom found out she would have given me a tongue lashing or worse........

No comments:

Post a Comment