Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 4, 2018

(12:22 PM EST)
(+19*F......+8*F.wind chill)
(Now Playing "Hellfighters"
  Just finished my first meal of the day, yogurt and a couple pieces of crusty buttered bread and marmalade, and a glass of juice.....I'm very picky when it comes to bread.......I truly despise what most people in the U.S.of A. think what bread is........I grew up with a mom who was a good baker (and cook as well)..so we had home baked bread a lot.....now I maybe a crusty, grumpy, old codger who's set in his ways....let's face it I'm exactly that....but I like good bread.....I almost never by bread, in the bread aisle at a market.....fortunately the market I shop in has a bakery and although not as good as what mom made (fond memories kicking in here) but good crusty bread....some sliced, some is not.....I always get the "is not"......I've got a good serrated knife and I just hack off a thick piece....now I could get it sliced, but the bakery's slicer  has only one setting and the slice is not thick enough for my tastes........I don't want a slice of bread...I want a hunk of bread....and I fight anyone over who gets the crusty end pieces...
(1:45 PM EST)
(+20*F.....+10*F.......wind chill)
(Now Playing: "The Song of Bernadette")
  Physically I'm feeling much better as of late.......true my back bothers me from time to time but after 60+ years I'm used to it....... at about 12 years old I developed  scoliosis.....and it has bothered me from time to time ever since.....but the feet and knees are pretty good for the shape they're in......
  A couple of months ago I got on the proverbially wagon.....and started to eat better and have really started to feel much better....
(5:08 PM)
( +17*F......wind chill +2*F)
(Now Playing: The Best of Elgar)
  The sun set about 1/2 hour ago.....and since it's predicted to be -9*F over night and below 0*F for the next two days..I suspect the temperature will drop like the proverbial stone over the next few hours
  I love fresh cherries.....and cherry pie.......but I seldom....buy them because the packages in my local food market are way to big.......as I live alone......and they tend to go bad before I can finish them.....I think I picked up my love of dried fruit from my dad who loved it......so I saw the other day on a trip to the market..dried cherries.....but was a little disappointed with them.....I guess I just prefer the fresh cherry taste...but there again dried cherries are better than no cherries at all........
  The "Enigma Variations" by Elgar..the 9th variation playing as write this......one of my favs of all time

No comments:

Post a Comment