Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 5, 2018

(12:26 PM EST)
(-5*F...wind chill -27*F.....just a dusting of snow)
( listening to an episode of "Treehouse Masters" on the boob tube)
  just finished my first meal of the day...and except I ate it after noon had passed, It could have been called breakfast......yogurt, oatmeal, and juice....and I spoke too soon about being a tad iffy about the dried cherries I had bought.they are great in the oatmeal...have always liked adding dry fruit to my oatmeal and/or cream of wheat......one of my quirks (trust me one out of many) regardless of what time of day it is, if I stop to eat at your typical 24/7 diner......of course if you can even use the word typical when referring to a diner and don't get me started on truck stops ..I almost always order a breakfast type meal....but I love diners/truck stops....what's not to like...great coffee....comfort food...large servings and reasonable prices......
  One good thing about sub-zero temperatures is that if it does snow, it's very little......when we get the massive amounts of snow that we get from time to time.....the temperature is usually between 12*F & 20*F.....and the wind usually is westerly...a WSW wind and it's "clobberin time"
( have juddled the layout a tad so I can show an additional post on the main page )

No comments:

Post a Comment