Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, January 7, 2018

{6:12 PM EST}
(+16*F....+4*F windchill)
(Now Playing: "Hellfighters")
  Just got back from a walk to my local food store but first of all the weather looks a little unsettled for the next 2 or 3 days......snow and maybe even some ran.......nothing I need today or even Tuesday.but the main reason for the walk was just to get out of my rooms
  For one reason or another.....maybe just being honest....lake of interest..and they lost......on the bright side at least I didn't watch it happen.....
{&:08 EST}
(+20*F....+8*F windchill)
("Hellfighters" still playing)
  Temperature is getting better and better
  I enjoy a good game of solitaire, or games that I play against AIs.......do occasionally play Chess online against a live opponent .......haven't played a live head to head game for sometime.....by that I mean over a table staring at each other....years ago I played a lot of chess but not recently
  I spent a bunch of time messing with the layout and theme.....you didn't notice.....that's because it was my other blog.....link is wandering around on the right somewhere.....it's a poetry blog......mostly free form, Haiku, and Limericks........I also post occasionally to 3 G+ communities......one poetry and 2 debate communities.......
  I love a good debate.......but I avoid ever getting into one on FaceBook....there is no point in it.......because as the old adage goes "If someone knows they have the whole truth on a given subject...there's no point to confuse them with facts" this is particularly true on matters of politics or religion......also few if any of the posters on FaceBook ever fact check..if the find something that agrees with their point of view they just share it........never fact check it......
  I'm on FaceBook to be able to connect with family and old friends......and have pun wars.....I never take an position on anything.....IMHO FaceBook is not the place for that.......unfortunately I'm in the minority on that point......I can't count the times have have bitten my proverbial tongue and not responded to a post.......I love a good debate, even an argument from time to time.......but I hate "flame wars"....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment