Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 25, 2018

(12:30 PM EST)
(+14*F....s/wind chill)
(Blues off YouTube)
  Actually a nice sunny day...as it often is when it's cold......could walk today if it was necessary,which it isn't but the next 3 days are going to be above freezing..a little rain...but should be able to pick a good spot for a walk......besides although I'm feeling pretty good now, had the all to common morning rituals of stiffness........and as my elders when I was a kid would have said.....I looked like I had been dragged through a knothole backwards......and today me thinks there might have been a nail in that knothole.....
  Something I posted on FB today got a little sideways........an old mate from high school.....relayed a memory about me and eyeglasses, I started to have to wear them around 12 +/- don't remember exactly .....and of course my sis & bro had to jump in as well.......my mate asked how many pairs of glass I've destroyed in the going on 60 years I've worn them........at present I'm 20/400 in my "good" eye and 20/600 in the other plus multiple shifts for astigmatism........and it, that is the mass destruction of glasses continues to this day......I hate bifocals/trifocals/& what ever focal you can name.....so I use readers......which suffer the same fate as any pair of glasses..whether work related (I was required for many years to wear safety glass at work)..sports related,I had the tendency to play sports like a crazy man, or just my inherent klutziness, or it may be my not so subconscious disdain for them but if serial destruction of eyeglasses was a capital crime I would have been hung long ago..... 
  I spent time yesterday doing the setup of my new blog.......commentary on political, social, and faith issues...you may notice that I used the term faith not religion....the terms religion and religious have become so over used to the point of be meaningless.....at this point it's private and unlisted.....all that has been done is basic structure and a test post....will not "go public" until  i have a few posts  done....or possibly never

No comments:

Post a Comment