Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 18, 2018

(12:41 PM -5 UTC)
(+24*F.....+14*F windchill.......light snow)
( another "HornBlower" episode)
  The morning festivities being dealt with.....but it's a tad later the usual....never got into bed until after midnight and never rolled out of bed until after 11 AM......slept well...with just a couple of the normal interruptions....but as my elders would have said those many years ago "I slept like a log"......and when that occurs it takes me a tad more time to get the proverbial "cobwebs" out of the old brain box, and convince my joints that they really haven't forgotten the basic movements required of them...
  But part of the aforementioned "morning festivities" is to take my proverbial board and surf the web.....check emails (3 accounts), check G+, check stats on blogger (2 bogs), check YouTube, select a movie/music to play as I surf, check FaceBook for alerts & any interesting posts by friends....and check the weather first the local radar.....and the the 5 & 10 day forecasts...checking to see when the weather will abate enough to allow this gippy grumpy old codger to take a walk..... although I have been back in the day told to "take a hike".....but that's something completely different..... I have my typical surf the web setup in play.....at present I have 5 windows open and and a couple of tabs......as they would have said back in the 60s:
                                        "Cowabunga Dude..Surfs up" 

No comments:

Post a Comment