Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 5, 2018

(8:49 PM UTC-5)
( +8*F.......-8*F windchill)
(Now Playing: The Best of Clara Schumann)
  Well so far so bad.....temperature is dropping as predicted....going to be nasty cold tonight
(10:30 PM)
(+4*F.......-10*F, wind chill)
( listing to "Beat Bobby Flay" on the boob tube)
  On one hand I'd really like to watch the temperature fall, but I'll getting tired, and I really don't absolutely need to see it hit the bottom...frankly I am a bit of a fatalist.......or is it I been living in this area for 50+ years...I've seen it all weatherwise.......
(10:05 AM EST)
(-7*F.....wind chill -28*F)
(listening to Bach's "Brandenburg Concertos"
  As you can see I was right to stop watching the drop of the temperature.......happened pretty much as predicted... 
  Not much on the boob tube today except a whole day of "Treehouse Masters".......may watch a few episodes.....also late on TNT "Red Dawn" and then "Ender's Game".......both decent flicks.....
  Slept well last night been up less than an hour and the "cobwebs on the mind" are still quite present...have to see what I can do to kick start the old brain box this morning......
  Truth be told I'm not a morning person.......never have been and retirement hasn't changed that even a tiny bit.......not really sure why........I've always been as the oldtimers when I was a young whippersnapper would have said.....I was a slug-a-bed.......that was not completely true...I think the real problem is I don't really sleep.......I sleep so deep....I go into a semi-coma.......or is that a semicolon.......well I'm obviously waking up......the pun/word play part of my mind seems to be functioning this AM......now if we can only get the rest of the cognitive parts working as well I should be fine........
  As the above would suggest much of my writing is stream of conscience or is that a stream coming out of a sewage plant that has not been properly treated......the real problem is I really have no filter.....I tend to say or in this case write even the craziest things that comes to mind.......

No comments:

Post a Comment