Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

(7:36 AM EST)
(-11*F.......-23*F w/wind chill)
( a YouTube mix)
  Good grief....I wish that the weather would make up its' mind........by this PM we're supposed to get snow with temperatures in the mid +20s and snow and  then tomorrow PM mid +30's and rain.....the constant shifts in the weather is driving my arthritis nuts......
  I took a look at my posting part of my dashboard  and realized that this day would come.......this is my 2800th post......on one had that's starting in late October of '02 to present.....on the other hand there is an almost 5 year gap in posting......due mostly lack of computer access......but still...yo vey.....
  Saw a  meme yesterday on FB........if you took the number 77..subtracted your age and added that to forty you'd get the year of your birth......but I saw a reply from my bro (whose birthday was last Saturday) that it was off by a year......didn't pay much attention to it until much later when I was trying to sleep.......and then I realized why it worked.....and sometimes was off a year...77+40+1900=2017.....so what you actually doing is subtracting your age from 2017 and that will produce your years of birth in my case 2017-70= 1947........but when New Years day passes it still works until your birthday then you need to change 77 to 78.........by splitting in this case 117 years in to a multiple operation it conceals something I do all the time if I have the year of a person's birth I subtract that from the current year and I know how old they'll be at some point in the current year.......I'm not sure I call it clever but...it does work.....
  Be forewarned because of the change of the month tomorrow and the type of archive gadget I use...not to mention that fact that I posted 60+ times this month..I'll be fiddling with the layout tomorrow to get the symmetry that my CDO requires (yes I know it's OCD..but I demand alphabetical order) after many years of knowing the term "alphabet" i realized that the etymology is from the greek alpha and beta....the first to letters in greek by way of latin......( the Mad One who studied both of those ancient languages is kicking himself for not tumbling to that years ago...yo gavalt)  

No comments:

Post a Comment