Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, January 1, 2018

(9:33 AM EST)
(-24*F..no wind chill)
(Now Playing: Mussorgsky "Pictures at an Expedition")
  Another cold one here.....no not that kind of a "cold one"..I mean the weather...but I suppose that if I had that re-action particularly on New Year's Day....others would have as well......but there were no "cold ones" last night..save maybe my toes and nose.....as the post below states I  started off the new year with my fav hobby of late, which is messing with my blogs layout......I was going to change the theme as well.....no not the theme...the drivel that I write will probably stay pretty much the same......I was speaking of the background colors..etcetera...( I bet you were expecting Yiddish)
(11:40 AM EST)
(-4*F...-15*F wind chill)
(Now Playing: My YouTube Mix)
  My thoughts today are on my mom, who if she was still alive would have been 100 today....she past just before Christmas 19 years ago after a long illness.....
  I know it's sometimes a  cleshay to say that you had the best mom ever.....however in my case she was loved by most who knew her.....those who didn't, probably had gotten "in her face" one time too many...she could be fiesty if provoked....a great mom, a great cook, and just a wonderful person.... and like a lioness she was always there to defend and protect her "cubs".........I miss you mom......
(2:40 PM EST)
(+4*F...-7*F wind chill)
(Listening to an episode of the '70s British TV SyFy show "S.H.A.D.O.")
  Zilth on TV today, so I was watching reruns of "Street Outlaws" but newer episodes,  I  liked the older show but the last couple of years...just lost interest......same thing with "Gas Monkey Garage"...once Aaron left.....again just lost interest...
  But it seems a recurring theme with me...I really like the first few seasons of TV shows, both regular series, and some but not many reality shows...but after a few years..I just lose interest......I'm glad I found some of the older shows and movies on YouTube.....
(4:40 PM EST)
(+4*F......-9*F wind chill)
(Now Playing on YouTube: "Hellfighters" w/ The Duke)
  I mentioned in a recent post that one of my fav John Wayne movies was "Hellfighters" well I found a decent copy on YouTube.......trying to decide whether or not to order delivery tonight and if so what??????

No comments:

Post a Comment