Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 6, 2018

(17:23 PM EST)
(-4*F.....-18*F wind chill)
(now playing a YouTube mix)
  This weekend starts the playoffs for american style football......I used to watch a lot but of late I don't think I've watched a whole game in many years.....never played organized football, just a bunch of kids playing in a park or somebody's backyard.......the high school i went to didn't have a soccer team, but I learned the game from a couple of missionary kids, who learned the game in Haiti......and played 3 years in college.....
  In years past, if there was a golf tournament on I was glued to the boob tube....I used to play golf pretty well but age and a shoulder injury later I am unable to play anymore...
  I used to watch a lot of televised sports but over the last few years I seem to have lost interest in watching the games....
  I've mentioned before that I had quite a rep for being a prankster.......the main building of the college had virtual everything in it.....and I spent a huge amount of time there...4th year the college hired an evening security guard and he had a half german shepard, half hungarian wolf.....beautiful dog......but he was behind a counter and the dog was sitting there, and I ask if i could see here the dog up close, and he said be careful...so I squatted down and held out my hand backside up..she sniffed it and rubbed against my leg and scratched her head..as I left to go to the library he said "If anyone gets by Queenie and pulls a prank I'll know who did it" apparently he had gotten the "word" about me......actually I was surprised that they did increase my fees to cover the cost of added security....
(7:12 PM)
(-5*F...-18*F wind chill)
(now playing an episode of "Hornblower")
  I noticed in the last couple of days that there was an update that needed to be downloaded....for years I had machines that ran on Microsoft and updates seemed to take for every to download and install.....I now am running Chrome OS.....and the Chrome browser.....most of the time you hardly notice the change, This time seems like most of the other times, until I went to bookmark manage.....oy vey....i think I've got it figured out....but not sure I see it as an improvement.....just different....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment